Players Required: 3 minimum
Ages: 4 and up
A great way to eat up energy, this game is all about running away from the person who’s It.
How to Play:
- Choose one person to be It.
- The person who is It then chases all of the Non-Its.
- The Non-Its run amok trying to avoid It.
- If a Non-It is tagged by It, that Non-It becomes It, and It becomes a Non-It.
- Often tagging someone to be It is coupled with a shout of “Tag! You’re It!”.
- Since Tag can be the game that never ends, here are a few common ending points:
- enough of the players get bored and therefore change the game
- food is offered
- time runs out for some grown-up reason
- a dispute over who is It escalates to the point of grown-up intervention and time-outs. (Or peace-making food and apologies)
- all the players are utterly exhausted
- “No Tag-Backs!”
- This is the safe-phrase used by the most recent It from being immediately turned upon by the new It and put right back where they were as It.
- This safe phrase only works for that one exchange. The next It can go after previous Its.
- Every and any It can use this phrase when they tag a new It.