Players Required: 3 minimum
Ages: 4 and up
The inverse of Hide and Go Seek, everyone looks for one person and joins them once they are found.
How to Play:
- As in Hide and Go Seek, determine which areas are out of bounds. Remind everyone that the hiding place of the Sardine must be big enough to fit several people.
- Choose a Sardine.
- The Sardine hides.
- Everyone looks for the Sardine individually, or in groups of two.
- When they find the Sardine, they join in the hiding place.
- The last person to find the Sardine is confronted by the sight of a bunch of people squished into the Sardine’s hiding place
- The first person to find the Sardine becomes the next Sardine.
- Playing in the dark is a fun way to increase the difficulty and suspense of the game.
- Putting a delay on the game so that it just seems as though someone has gone missing can be a fun twist if it has already been decided that Sardines will be played. If there is no forewarning of “Hey, we are going to play Sardines, so someone hide within the next five minutes”, the game can become less fun and more stress. It is not fun to have a missing child.